My colleague from the US posted a BIO 2015 Wrap Up on Friday. I wanted to add a few notables specifically for Canada:
Congratulations once again to the recipients of the Gold Leaf Awards
- Company of the year: STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
- Emerging company of the year (Health): Zymeworks, Inc.
- Visionary leadership: Joseph Garcia, Blake, Cassels and Graydon LLP
- Leader in biotechnology research: Rebecca Dielschneider, University of Manitoba
Impressive examples of collaborations and partnerships were announced on tuesday:
- $1.5M to accelerate drug discovery within the Quebec-Ontario Life Sciences Corridor
- CQDM and MaRS Innovation investing in new Encycle project to determine rules for making peptide drugs orally bioavailable
And a big shout out to BIOTECanada for a job well done at BIO 2015! The app was extremely
All in all, a great experience once again at BIO. I continue to be impressed by the number of countries represented, the level of engagement by all stakeholders present, and the top notch panels of experts and interesting topics. I’m really looking forward to BIO 2016!